Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's been a tough year

It's been a long time since I posted. Kind of got distracted by little things, like Hurricane Ike. I tend to be cynical, but was still caught off-guard by how poorly support systems (insurance companies, homeowners associations, the government) perform in such disasters (and I had relatively minor damages compared to some people down on the coast). Safety is an illusion.

Took about eight months to return to "normal" (or at least not abnormal). Finally got to do a lead in a Gilbert & Sullivan operetta (Ruth in Pirates of Penzance) and a minor role in Rice University's The Threepenny Opera (the show that made me want to get into theatre in the first place).

Now I'm trying very hard to get back to a normal work schedule for the new year (and not inclined to very much--they say that Norwegians used to celebrate Yule until Easter...I'm half Norwegian, can't I celebrate until, say, February?)

No comments: